Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

M35 fan delays going on for about 10 minutes after I start

Customer Question

M35 fan delays going on for about 10 minutes after I start the car, then the fan works fine. What is causing this?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: The lights go right on, the battery is fine
JA: What year is your M35?
Customer: 2007 m35x. Once the motor is warm, the fan comes right on whenever I turn it on
JA: Are you fixing your M35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm. Inept, wouldn't try anything. Took car for routine maintain even to Norwood,Ma infinity last week. Because motor was warm, they couldn't see the problem. I don't trust them to just start replacing stuff until. The find the issue, and cost me $1000 s
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have another m35, 2007. The fan works fine in that one.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

The most common cause of this is the blower motor relay on the back of the interior fuse box. We see this all the time with Nissan products as well. Usually replacing the relay will solve the issue. I would ask to have that replaced without them diagnosing it. It will save you some money and it will likely solve the problem.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please be kind and remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?