Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

The keyfob isn't working. The ignition is in lock position

Customer Question

The keyfob isn't working. The ignition is in lock position and we can't get it to unlock.Have the manual key and cannot find were to start car manually. Please help
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: No that's not the issue. Just replaced battery It will open driver side door but nothing else. I read that to unlock the ignition you have to start manually but we can't find were to put the key. Where the manual is showing is not a correct
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: EX35 2008
JA: Are you fixing your EX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well issue just popped up today. Drove to store and everything was fine. Came out an hour later and nothing. My fiancé said he spoke with someone that said battery was dead but that doesn't make sense as nothing was left on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just need help with this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The mechanical key is only to enter the vehicle. To emergency start the car you take the remote and insert it in the remote slot. That is located by your left knee if you are sitting in the drivers seat. Try that and let me know if the car starts.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

If the car battery is dead, then the car will need to be jump started.

What I have seen that can kill the battery is if you double tap the start button when exiting the vehicle. Doing this the ignition will turn off, and as you turn to exit the car, you don't see it but the ignition comes back on. So you walk away with the ignition left on which could drain the battery.

But try using the remote in the fob slot first. If that doesn't work, then try jump starting the car.

Let me know how you make out...