Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

2008 G35x - Car starts, but none of tha gauges/radio/etc

Customer Question

2008 G35x - Car starts, but none of tha gauges/radio/etc will light up and the car will not shift out of park. The "Key" light is on. I read the manual and that light is the antitheft system. How do I reset or disable the antitheft?
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your G35x yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to troubleshoot before taking to dealer. I reset the batter (unhooked and rehooked it back)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have a Yellow Key light on? Also is the steering wheel locked?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
yellow key light is on. Car will start and engine idles properly with no issues. The steering is not locked, I specifically checked that when I read some of the other forums. The Key Fob was recently lost and replaced by Pop-A-Lock, but has been working fine since August. I also tried starting using the key fob insertion method instead of the push start. Still no luck. I can not get the car out of Park and none of the gauges or radio will light up.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a test light? if so, can you check all fuses to see if all fuses are good?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not but my buddy does or I can snag one at the parts store on my way home. I am at work now and wont be to the car until around 5PM EST. I will have to follow up w/ you after I have tried that unless there is another solution that you recommend I try.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

We can continue then...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well...fuse is fine. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

You said the car starts right?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It starts. None of the dash lights are working and I can not get it out of park.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

When the car is running, you checked all fuses with a test light? They are all good and getting power?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nope. Damn...I used a fuse tester to test the fuses but not while the car was running (didn't use the test light).
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

We need to use a Test light to see if all fuses are getting power. That is why I asked to check all fuses with a test light

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. I messed up and didn't reference your earlier instructions and thought you said fuse tester. I'll do it tomorrow. Thank you very much for your quick response.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Ok.. Let me know how you make out and I will talk to you tomorrow.

I am normally online around 7 pm EST. So I will continue with you then..