Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I'm having an issue with interior lights, no, 2007, yes

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I'm having an issue with interior lights
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes haven't tried anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: here is the issue. When i start my car with a remote started all interior lights come on as they should, but as soon as I turn the switch and press the break the interior lights which show park, drive,reverse signs (near the stick) turn off asap
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Infiniti Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: ok
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
seems like the interior lights will work when car is started with the stated and the lights go off when its started with the key. Thats the simplest way to explain the issue.
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 2 months ago.

hi whap model is your car ??

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
infiniti g35 coupe 2007
Expert:  3pac2222 replied 2 months ago.

ok your problem is cause by a bad bcm the unit will have to be replace to fix this problem , also the unit will need to be program for the car to start after replacement as the unit come as a blank unit / no program .

Expert:  3pac2222 replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  3pac2222 replied 2 months ago.

do you have any more questions ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is it possible to repair the unit and not replace it? are there any other possibilities that might be causing this issue like lose wires because these cars are getting old