peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

MY VDC SLIP LIGHT AND SOMETIMES BREAK LIKGHT IS COMING ON,

Customer Question

MY VDC SLIP LIGHT AND SOMETIMES BREAK LIKGHT IS COMING ON
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: DIDNT CHECK THE LEVELS
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2007 G35X
JA: Are you fixing your G35x yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: MY HUSBAND WILL FIX IT. NOTHING SO FAR
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Most common to cause this fault here is low brake fluid or worn brake pads.If the fluid level is low then this usually indicates brake pads are worn needing replaced.If the fluid level is o.k. then I would check the brake pads to see if any are worn as well needing replaced.

If all of these are found to be o.k. this may be a fault with a wheel speed sensor sending an incorrect signal needing replaced.You would need to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set and those codes diagnosed and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete