Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

Infinity G35 replaced the battery and now the car wont start

Customer Question

Infinity G35 replaced the battery and now the car wont start and alarm light is solid red.

Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

Probably the anti theft is triggered

lets try this first

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Hello, i did what you tell me and still not working.

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 11 days ago.

hey ,sorry to hear that ,at this time

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunatley

If you get the fault codes , you can post them back here & i can help you further

1- you ca try opening and closing the hood ,trunk ,& all the doors ,in case one of the switches is jammed ,but with out that scan ,it will be number of things and we will be guessing, for this situation a scan is necessary to retrieve fault codes to narrow it down

2- do the reset again .if the car was running before battery ,it should run again ,unless you lost sync between the car key & the car anitheft module , than you will need factory scanner to program back ,solid red light means ,anti theft is triggered and computer of car will not allow start up

3-I know not what you wan to hear but it is true at this time :( I m sorry again

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat