sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2006 infiniti g35 pulls steadily up to about 3800 rpm

Customer Question

My 2006 infiniti g35 pulls steadily up to about 3800 rpm then losses power up to the redline. Feels like something closes and power is limited. 0-60 performance is down to about 12 secs because of this
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that could be causing the lack of power and it will take some testing to determine what is going on. Low fuel pressure or an exhaust restriction are likely causes for a lack of power under heavy acceleration.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?