Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Back in May we had a starter issue. Replaced it and then it

Customer Question

Back in May we had a starter issue. Replaced it and then it would intermittently not start, notably mostly when car is hot or had been running. Now it won't start and all accessories are dead, ie power windows dash lights everything except the lights still turn on bright and the remote to lock still works. I'm thinking some sort of fuse or computer issue but not sure. Car can't even be jumped.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2003 g35
JA: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. If it's just a fuse problem I will but if it's more than that, have to have it towed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 15 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

When the car does not start, does the engine not turn over? Do you get a single click? rapid clicking? What does it do exactly?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Before all the accessories died, it would be a single click. Sometimes it would start sometimes not. Now it doesn't even click. The key still beeps when putting it in but no power to anything. No ac, no locks, radio, all dead, but head lights come on. Battery was tested at O'Reilly's and tested as good.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Also can't be jumped and the accessories are still dead when hooked to another car
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Any ideas?
Expert:  Jay replied 14 days ago.

Single click is normally a starter. But if you have no power to anything when hooked up with jumper cables, the first thing I would check is the main fusible link. That is located off the positive battery terminal. Inspect that and see if that is blown.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** fusible link and ignition switch had worn out.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 days ago.

Glad you found the problem and thanks for the update!

Odd for a ignition switch. Normally the key just gets worn, and a new key would need to be cut.

The fusible link normally blows when jump started incorrectly.

Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com

Thanks Jay!