Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

I have a rubbing sensation when I press brakes especially at

Customer Question

I have a rubbing sensation when I press brakes especially at 20 mph, do you know what the problem may be?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- what kind of brakes did you buy , cheap ,medium ,grade, semi metallic pads , ?

was the brake pads OEM ?

what is the mileage on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I believe they are original ceramic brakes, at least that is what my mechanic told me, it has 28000 miles

i would go with original pads , a lot of times it is the brake material used in after market makes the noise or the weird sensation of brake pedal

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What does oem mean?

hey

I m sorry OEM =( Original Equipment Manufactured parts )

1- buy the Dealer brake pads & install & see if that solves it for you

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Hope I was helpful to you

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I bought new tires this weekend and it doesn't feel as bad as before, would that be normal, seems interesting

hey man how are you

the tires if they are wearing un evenly, they can make road noise, if you put your hand on the rubber on the old tires and run across ,if you feel like uneven rubber across the surface that will make noise and make the whole car vibrates and make you feel it is coming from different places.

the only i would add is check wheel bearings, raise on car lift and let them move the wheel laft right and up and down and see if there is play and also spin the wheels and try to hear bearing noise, i would think that they would have checked a tire place but i m assuming if they haven , you check it .

the problem is you said you hear it when applying brakes ,wish makes it not probable but i can hear it or feel it i m sorry.

if you thin it quiet down, keep driving until something becomes evident instead of throwing parts at it , if bearing is bad , it will get worse eventually

and you will know

Good luck

Chad

.