Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I cannot get CD's to eject from changer, 2007. M35. The CD

Customer Question

I cannot get CD's to eject from changer
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2007. M35. The CD was playing fine but when I went to change the disc it made noise trying to change and then stopped. It said eject disc so I hit the button. Again noise was made trying to eject the disc but it never did. Now when I push the eject button it does not do anything. I press the "disc button" on dash. It ask me to eject disc. I tried selecting any of the 6 and nothing. My guess is something got out of alignment with the discs. I recently hit a pothole the shook the car pretty good. No damage to car but I wonder if it messed up the CD player balance
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just started today with player, bump happened yesterday
JA: Are you fixing your M35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not done anything to it as of yet. Main concern is getting CD's back then trying to fix. Radio works fine as do all the dial, etc.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just trying to figure this out.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I have one trick we can try. Other wise, it may require the CD player to be removed and sent out for repair.

Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 mins. Then see if the disc's eject..

Let me know how you make out..

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, I'll have to try it later, as I am at work. For my knowledge, what should I expect after I do that? Will disconnecting the cable "reset" the CD player of sorts