Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I am having problems with cameras, they show all on screen

Customer Question

Hi, i am having problems with cameras, they show all white on screen and warning lanes are not as they should look like. Front camera is working but all picture is in white. Only door cameras seems to be ok when. Can you help me with this? We dont have infiniti dealer near. Aris
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 16 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have the around view camera system on your FX?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have around view cameras. Problem is when i check from setting manu side cameras is ok but front and rear screen are white. When i put in reverse in normal mode, the colours get like crushed. The screen is part white and lanes are not straight. Hopa you understand.
Expert:  Jay replied 16 days ago.

I do understand. If you remove the drivers seat and under the carpet under the drivers seat, that is the around view camera control unit. See if there is any signs of moisture under there. Look in the electrical connectors to see if there is any sign of corrosion also.

That is the most common thing to cause the camera system to go out. let me know what you find

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok. I will try to do it this weekend. Will get back to you soon.
Expert:  Jay replied 14 days ago.

You got it

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, just remived the camera unit from car. It looks very good. Like new. No sighs of water or anything. Connectors are perfect.
Will the problem will be in control unit it self? Do you know if it can be fixed or just replacement?
Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

It could be the control unit it's self, That was something I would normally check when I have camera issues. But since there is a control unit involved, you may want to have it checked with the proper scanner before replacing control units.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok. I will give it to service to check it on monday. Seems that runnig a car wouldnt be a problem without it. Just that cameras wont work.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is it possible that one of cameras can give bad signal and the unit gives error to display?
Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

Correct, you can drive it fine like this. Just the camera system will not work until it's properly checked.

Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

If you have around view camera, if a camera goes out, you will have a X on that camera image. It will not knock out the whole system

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok. Thanks. I will get back to you soon. You have been very helpfull so far.
Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I removed the unit but now i have airbag error. Can it be reseted manual without diagnostics?
Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

That would need to be reset. That is all. That also has to be done with a scanner.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 day ago.

Did you have any more questions on this?