Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

We have a qx4 here its a shop, its a 1999 qx4, we done brake

Customer Question

we have a qx4 here its a shop
JA: What year is your QX4?
Customer: its a 1999 qx4, we done brake lines on it, master cylinder on it as well
JA: Have you checked the fluid? How old are the brakes?
Customer: we replace complete rear drum brakes, fronts are still good
JA: Are you fixing your QX4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nope, im a service advisor, my tech in the shop is workkin on it, trouble is he bled the brakes few time but still pedal is goin to floor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope this shoud b it
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 22 days ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 22 days ago.

Here is the brake bleeding procedure. If he hasn't bled the load sensor on the rear axle, it's going to have a pocket of air in it that will keep the pedal soft.

- Carefully monitor brake fluid level at master cylinder during bleeding operation. - If master cylinder is suspected to have air inside, bleed air from master cylinder first. - Fill reservoir with new brake fluid "DOT 3". Make sure it is full at all times while bleeding air out of system. - Place a container under master cylinder to avoid spillage of brake fluid. - For models with Antilock Brake System (ABS), turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect ABS actuator connectors or battery ground cable. - Bleed air in the following order. 1. LSV air bleeder 2. Left rear brake 3. Right rear brake 4. Left front brake 5. Right front brake

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Also, please remember to rate my answer.
Thanks so much!