Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Well I had to jump it off a few times took the battery put

Customer Question

Well I had to jump it off a few times took the battery put now it tries to crank but will not and the security light stays on while trying to crank it
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: Stays solid and I don't know how
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2001 i30
JA: Are you fixing your I30 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I'm not really sure what to try I did try turning the key to on for 15 mins thing but it didn't help
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have another key you can try? The security light being solid when the key is in the ON Position means that the key is not being recognized cause it may have lost it programming.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
We bought it from an auto broker and to my knowledge it doesn't have another one is there anything else I can do how do I reset the security
Expert:  Jay replied 28 days ago.

If that is the only key, and the security light is ON Solid when you turn the key to the ON position, there is only one thing you can try. If this doesn't work, then you will need to have the key re-programmed to the vehicle.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Lock%20Mode.jpg

Expert:  Jay replied 28 days ago.

Try those steps to see if you can get it out of lock mode. If it doesn't work, then a mobile locksmith would need to be come out and program the key for you, or the vehicle towed to the dealer to have it programmed

Do you have any more questions on this?