Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

There are two symbols suddenly appearing that I cannot find

Customer Question

There are two symbols suddenly appearing that I cannot find explained in the manual; one is two circled with an arrow pointing down, the other looks like a car seat with an arrow point sideways left and the word "Brake" beside it. Obviously, that has something to do with the brakes, but I can't find any description of the seriousness.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: I bought it used in may from a dealer who said he had checked everything out, so I don't know the exact age of the brakes. It has 120,000 miles, but when I got new tires in July, they said the brakes were fine.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: It's a 2007 four door sedan, but I'll have to go look for a second at the model. Be right back...
JA: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a G35x. I haven't done anything yet, just trying to get an idea of what might be wrong so I can know what I'm dealing with when I take it it. Even wondering if it's safe to drive to the repair shop.
JA: What year is your '07 G35x?
Customer: 2007
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 30 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Can you take a picture of these warning lights for me and show me?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Okay, I've attached a picture...
Expert:  Jay replied 28 days ago.

That is the Push button start and Step on the Brake message.

Does the car start?

Expert:  Jay replied 28 days ago.

If you press the start button two times to turn the ignition on, you will get this message. That is normal. That is just letting you know to step on the brake pedal and press the start button to start the car.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
it starts just fine but these symbols appear even when in stepping in the brake. I'm thinking a sensor is going bad...??
Expert:  Jay replied 28 days ago.

If you press the start button two times with out stepping on the brake pedal to turn the ignition on, this is normal.

If you can step on the brake and start the car with no issues, your car is operating as designed.

Expert:  Jay replied 28 days ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!