Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My mechanical key is not working, I changed the battery and

Customer Question

my mechanical key is not working, I changed the battery and the indicator on the dash says "no key" The new battery was placed in the key fob face up/the same position that it was in when I changed it...
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: no, I have had the car for approx 2 years, bought it used and only have one key, this is the first time that I have changed the battery (I changed it when the indicator was low and the car would not start, so I thought that was what the problem was?
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2012 g37 sedan
JA: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried 2 batteries (CR 2032) just in case one may have been defective. I am trying this on my own with my husband. I called a nissan dealer that I have taken the car to before and they said that I would most likely need to get the car towed to an infiniti dealer? Seems like a new battery in the key fob should work? At least when I got stranded, it was in my garage....
JA: What year is your '12 Sedan?
Customer: 2012 g37
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that sums it up....Thank you!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you still need help with this? I see you have not got a response in some time..

Let me know.