Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

2004 g35 overheating intermittent

Customer Question

2004 g35 overheating intermittent
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. Thanks.

It is very possible that the thermostat is sticking closed at times.

You will want to check or replace the thermostat, providing the system is full with coolant.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I changed the thermostat and same thing.
I measured the temp next to the sensor when the temp gauge is in the normal center of gauge and it is 223 degrees. Then when the gauge goes up to over heated the temp is still 223 degrees next to the sensor. At that same point the snap on computer reads 274 degrees
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is either the sensor, the gauge or the computer???
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

That is all the information that I have on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you still need help with this?