Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I am trying to replace the brakes but cannot remove the rear

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the brakes but cannot remove the rear tire
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: No problems, I just had the tires replace about a month ago
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2003 g35
JA: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I removed the lug nuts and the center nut as well
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

Ok, there are 2 ways to go about this -

The first is to make sure the vehicle is secure on jackstands or floor jack. Loosely thread one nut back onto a lug stud. Now from underneath the vehicle use a sledge hammer to hit the rubber part of the tire(NOT the rim). Spin tire some and hit it again. A couple of times should pop the tire and rim free of the hub.

The second is safer - loosely thead the lug nuts back onto the lug studs. Lower vehicle and drive forward and backwards about 10 feet and slam on breaks. Raise vehicle at that tire, remove lug nuts and tire should come right off.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?