peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Rear door will not open, Drivers Seat will not move.

Customer Question

Rear door will not open, Drivers Seat will not move . Steering wheel adjustment knob that moves it up and down will not work. Fuse?
JA: How has the car been driving lately?
Customer: Driving great for a 2004
JA: What is the model of your '04 Infiniti?
Customer: QX56
JA: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just now trying to get a simple solution before going to a repair shop
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything after market been installed like a remote start or alarm system at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. Everything else works properly

Is this an electronic steering wheel adjustment lever/knob or manual adjustment?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
electric. So is the seat and so is the back door

O.k.,locate the 50 amp fuse f in the under hood fuse panel and see if it is blown needing replaced.If it is blown then replace it and see if these components then operate.This will cause this type of fault here for all of these issues you see.Below you will see how this fuse chart is laid out.This is actually a fusible link fuse.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/67b90bgsfam7ns6/fus-10-26.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete