Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

My partner is out running errands and is presently parked.

Customer Question

My partner is out running errands and is presently parked. When he went to put the top down, it stuck half way. It will now neither open or close.
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2011 G37
JA: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. He's not handy. He has only tried shutting off the car and attempting to work the convertible button.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 6 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

There are not many things you can do when this happens. There is only one thing you can try and that is to disconnect the negative battery cable for about 15 mins to do a hard reset to see if that allows the convertible top start to operate. But at the same time, you want to pay attention that there is nothing in the trunk to obstruct with top operation. So I would try the hard reset and put the top up if it starts to work. Other wise if it doesn't, then it will need to go to the dealer so the top can be manually operated with the Infiniti scanner.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No. Thank you.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 days ago.

If you don't have any more questions on this, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!