peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My top is stuck and won't close or open one side is down and

Customer Question

My top is stuck and won't close or open one side is down and the other side is slightly up and the top is down what do I do to unjamm it
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2010 g 37
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried open and closing it I'm scared I might break something I'm sure something was left in the truck
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think the rod is jammed on the driver side while driving the sensor warning says roof in operation
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: No just when u open or close the roof it says that roof in operation
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately I do not see a procedure myself on how to un jam this here when this is stuck like this.In some cases this can be a fault with one or more micro switches/position sensors sending an incorrect signal on what position the roof is in and the fault codes need read out with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in the roof computer as well as the scan tool used to monitor the roof position sensors to locate one that may be at fault needing replaced.Once located then it can be replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete