Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My 2012 Infiniti G37 won't start after refilling all 6

Customer Question

My 2012 Infiniti G37 won't start after refilling all 6 chambers with distilled water and getting it jumped. What could possibly be the issue now?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

It could be that the battery is now completely dead. If a battery runs out of electrolyte (water) just one time it drastically reduces the life of the battery.

If too much water is added without a slow charge on the battery it can also cause the battery electrolyte concentration to no longer be capable of generating electricity.

When you add water it converts that water into battery electrolyte using the existing electrolyte in the battery. If there isn't any liquid electrolyte left in the battery and it is dried up and stuck to the plates in the battery adding water alone will never bring it back to life.

At this point, if you jump the car what does it do?

Without the jump source connected do the headlights, radio or anything work?