Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My 2012 Infiniti wouldn't start. I was told it was the

Customer Question

My 2012 Infiniti hey wouldn't start. I was told it was the battery. I had this problem before and I discovered the battery chambers were empty. I filled each chamber with distilled water and jumped the battery and car started right up. I repeated this same sequence of events tonight when car wouldn't start. Only this time I didn't get the same results as before. What could be the issue this time?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.

It could be that the battery is now completely dead. If a battery runs out of electrolyte (water) just one time it drastically reduces the life of the battery.

At this point, if you jump the car what does it do?

Without the jump source connected do the headlights, radio or anything work?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All lights work!
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.

If your lights are working then would say the problem might not be battery related. Normally enough voltage to run the lights is enough to get at least an attempt by the starter to start the engine.

When you attempt to start it does it make a clicking noise or anything or just nothing at all?