Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Pearl. We have a 2010 G37 covertible that we purchased in

Customer Question

Hello, Pearl. We have a 2010 G37 covertible that we purchased in 9/15. We love it, but the rattling top is making me (more) bonkers. On line, I found a service bulletin, BT11-022a, which indicates that to solve the problem, replacement of the O rings on the center panels, coupled realigning both center panel retainers, is indicated. The car was dropped off yesterday at an Infinity Dealer. I received a call later in the day, at which time I was told that for approximately $1200 in parts, and six hours' labor at $130/hr, they could probably fix it. After looking up the above service bulletin,, I called the service rep, who told me that the bulletin was out of date, Whereupon I requested that they replace the O rings and align the center panel retainers. I'm waiting to hear from them. Am I on the right track?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: On our test drive, I mentioned it to the salesman, who pushed up on the roof from the back seat, eliminating the noise. I don't usually drive the car; the rattling doesn't bother my wife. We both really love the car.
JA: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not fixing it myself. As I mentioned, it's at an Infiniti Dealer as we speak.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm old, crotchety, and definitely not mechanically inclined.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

Is this a soft top or retractable hard top?