sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

ADV OFF and SLIP lights are on full time after I had my

Customer Question

Hi, ADV OFF and SLIP lights are on full time after I had my engine rebuilt. My pads are running low but the rights weren't on before I took the car in. One of my cv joints need to be replaced though. Any ideas on what it can be?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming you're seeing 'VDC off'. You're seeing these warnings because a failure in the stability control system has been seen and fault codes are setting. The problem could be quite a few things including the steering angle sensor, yaw sensor, or a basic ABS system issue.

Do you know what fault codes are setting?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It's giving me code P0021. I changed both camshaft position sensors and cleared the code but the SLIP and VDV OFF lights are still on. Is there a way to clear those? I tried clearing them with my scanner but no luck. I also unplugged the battery for an hour and nothing.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 13 days ago.
Do you know what codes are setting in the ABS module?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Nothing is coming up on my scanner. No brake lights are lite on the dash.
You're picking ABS from a module menu?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No, i have a cheap scanner and it doesn't let me choose unless its giving me a code.

You need a scan tool or code reader that is able to communicate with the ABS module to be able to read it's fault codes and begin diagnosing the issue.