Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

I'm not a Mechanic but I have someone working on my 2009

Customer Question

I'm not a Mechanic but I have someone working on my 2009 Nissan Quest 3.5 S base , I had some damage done due to a small fire under the hood. H required a brand new Engine wiring Harness. I got one used from salvage yard. He's telling me I'm still missing a harness. He gave me the old harness he removed. I'm confused because he tells me that it's a Fuel injector wiring Harness . then he uses the reference where ever I get the part that . the part he needs to replace is close to the firewall and I even to a photo of the part. Who can help me because I have no diagram or anything just picture of old part.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What he talking about is the fuel injector sub harness. It's a small harness that goes to the injectors under the intake plenum. If you go to your local dealer, and tell them this, they should know what your talking about.

I am sorry I don't have any exact pictures of the sub harness. I can try to share what I have when I get home from work if that will help you.

Let me know?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Fuel injector sub harness .. Yes I sent this info to a Parts dealer and this is the part number I got 24079-7Y010 and t 24079-7Y000 this from different ones .. I can't figure it out for the world. Unfortunate I can't make it to dealership. It's on the othr side of town. I have no vehicle at the moment.
Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

What parts dealer are you dealing with?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

The one you have is a 24079-7Y000 on your car, but they are giving you a part number of 24079-7Y010 is that correct?

Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

Is that why you are confused? If so, I can certainly explain

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm trying to find out which of these parts would be the correct part that fits on my car? I spoke with two different parts dealers and these are the part numbers they gave me. I decided to ask a pro to find out if one these are the correct part
Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

The 7Y010 is a updated part number for the 7Y000 so either is fine.

Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

So technically, they are both the same part.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Really? They ae the exact part? So do you think anyone of these would replace the part in the pic I uploaded ? Just looking for a confirmation.
Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

When the second to last digit changes to a 1 or 2, that means it's just been a updated part number. You won't notice a difference between the two parts.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok .. Great so do YOU think that these are the correct parts? Are these the fuel injector sub harness. Can I replace the part in the pic with one of these?
Expert:  Jay replied 13 days ago.

I don't have access to looking up parts to tell you for sure if those are correct part numbers, I just know the way Nissan Part numbers work. But I would not worry about that one being that 1 digit off.