Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

2011 QX56. dead battery. We have had this problem since new.

Customer Question

2011 QX56. dead battery. We have had this problem since new. It happens in spurts. Now twice in 4 days.
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: The dealer has changed the battery before. twice. That is not the underlying problem. The battery is draining for some unknown reason. On Saturday I was driving away from a sports event with my kids and the power to the transmission started to fade. Engine was reving but there was no traction. The "skid" warning light came on. I checked the 4wd selector knob and it was in its normal position. Pulled in and stopped. Waited for 5 minutes and the problem went away but the skid light stayed on. Eventually it went off That evening we went out for dinner and when we returned to the car it was dead. got a start from a passerby and it ran untill this afternoon when it failed to start again at the gas pump.
JA: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I am in Florida. My wife is in texas and stranded. Dealer says they have no loaners to give her!!!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Guys, I was expecting a result by now. The initial response from the site was impressive but now that you have my $5 bucks this looks like a scam.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I am sorry for the delay. I am one of the top experts for the Nissan / Infiniti Category, how ever I am online in the evenings cause I work during the day. Will you be available around 7 pm EST to go over the details on your vehicle? Would that be ok?