Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Got the manual key stuck in intelligent key port, car does

Got the manual key stuck in intelligent key port, car does start but can't get the key out.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Steering wheel does turn, key is not worn or damaged, only took it out of the intelligent holder because I thought the battery was low.
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2012 FX35
JA: Are you fixing your FX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Was trying to fix it, tried pushing the push button till it was in Off position, without pushing the brake, also making sure it was in park.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: All this started yesterday morning, car wouldn't start - said No key indicated, got my other set of keys and it all started. I was thinking my 1st set of keys must need a new battery. Got in car this morning same thing, wouldn't start, so I just stuck the metal key in the port and it started, then when I got to work the metal key wouldn't come out.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you still need help with this? I noticed some time has past and I just got online.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how can I get the key out without talking it to the shop.

Ok.. let me explain. Give me a second to type it.. Hang on..

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Forget it, I can see this is nothing but a scam! Please reimburse my $18.00 to my Visa card!

What you are going to want to do is this. You need a pair of needle nose pliers and a screw driver. Take the Needle Nose pliers and use it to grab the key then use....

Do you want me to finish?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

I have gotten the key out of the remote slot many times the way I was going to explain. But you have to give me the time to type it..

We are already communicating. Why doing we do this. Let me finish typing. Try what I am suggesting. If it doesn't work, come back and no problem I will put you in for a refund. If it does work, come back and let me know and rate me.

Can we do that? It can only help you and save you money from a shop charging you..

What you are going to want to do is this. You need a pair of needle nose pliers and a screw driver. Take the Needle Nose pliers and use it to grab the key then use the flat head screw driver. The back part of the remote port you will feel is spring tensioned. Use the screw driver to lightly press the back part while you use the needle nose pliers to twist lightly and pull the key. When you pull the key you may need to just give it a tug and it should pop right out.

Give this a try and let me know how you make out..

Checking in to see how you made out