Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

2009 infiniti G37 when I disconect the right side cam sensor

Customer Question

2009 infiniti G37 when I disconect the right side cam sensor the car runs and when I connect it back it runs it gives me this code p0340
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This is actually a old trick we do to determine what I may suggest. But before I open my mouth, let me make sure of a few things.

With both cam sensors plugged in, the car will not run correct? It will only run when the cam sensor is unplugged? Has any sensors been replaced?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the right side
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

That is what I was afraid of. Ok, this is normally a indication the engine has jumped time. It's 2 teeth off. So the timing chain would need to be reset. Once reset, then you need to turn the engine over with the fuel system disabled to ensure that the tensioners build pressure before you start it.

Do you have any more questions on this?