Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

I've had no less than 5 diagnostic tests preformed.Up to

Customer Question

I've had no less than 5 diagnostic tests preformed.Up to 3000$ worth of 'work' done and it's still stalling in the mornings. Rough idle, bogging down on the open road when attempting to pass. Nissan said the cats are plugged, but temp tests done at Midas said no. Nisan told me they could 'blow' out the cats, but no ones heard of this done before Mass air flow sensor was replaced. air temp control sensor replaced. Fuel pres is at 42 psi. Wave forms on both banks are abnormal. They recomemded replacing the rear O2 sensors, but didn't do it. Midas said all sensors are normal, cats are up to temp. Nissan said the ECT was reading 29C but engine was at 11C. It's running only marginally better, but is seriously underpowered, and idles rough and even stalls for the wife. ???
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: To be honest. Everything! One would think that the Nissan dealer would be able to diagnose the issues we are still having. And I've already spent $2000 there, plus, Midas, plus an independent mechanic, and a Toyota dealer out of desperation as there was no Nissan or infiniti dealer close by.
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: No.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2000 Infiniti I30
JA: Are you fixing your I30 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I'm not fixing it myself. I changed spark plugs,oil, air and oil filters.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I explained everything from looking at my work orders that were done.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This type of question could take a while of going back and forth asking questions to try to get all the info I need or to explain things to you. Due to the nature of this question would you be interested in speaking with me so I can try to help you?