Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

2007 Infiniti G 35, passenger seat will recline but will not

Customer Question

2007 Infiniti G 35, passenger seat will recline but will not go back to normal position
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

So I am understanding this properly, the recline of the seat will go back, but not up, correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Thank you.. This is most commonly cause by a bad power seat switch. Of course the right thing is to have it double checked. But from my experience, it's a bad seat switch that causes this. The switch is normally around 135 dollars, and you are looking at around 1 hour labor to install it.

If it's not the seat switch, then it's the recline motor which is part of the whole lower seat frame assembly. That seat frame is around 900 bucks, and about 4 hours labor to install.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Step by step directions
- will auto zone have the switch
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

The switch is a dealer item only I am afraid. Step by step the best I will try to explain it is like this..

The seat is secured by Four 14 mm bolts. Trim covers on each corner of the seat need to be removed to access them. The seat will also need to be moved forward and back to access them all. Once unbolted, the seat switch levers are popped off. Then the seat removed or turned inside the car. The electrical connectors are all unplugged ( if you are unplugging the yellow one, make sure the battery is disconnected first. That is a Air bag connector ). Once connectors are unplugged, the side cover of the seat is removed to access the switch so it can be replaced. Then everything is installed in reverse order.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!