Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a m45 when I put the camera in reveres it says the

Customer Question

I have a m45 when I put the camera in reveres it says the screen is black and it say turn around to back up
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you put the car in reverse, is the screen black or gray?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The screen is black and at the bottom of the screen it is saying turn and look back
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

This sounds like it's a rear camera issue. Are the predictive lines on the screen?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No the screen is all black but at the bottom of the screen it is telling me to look back when backing
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

If you have no predictive lines, I would think there is a issue with the audio unit then. Since that is what controls the back up camera operation.

Has the car ever been in a accident in the back? How long has the camera been like this?

Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

actually, the camera control unit could also be going as well. That is in the passenger rear quarter area...

Let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No the car have one owner never been in an accident I'm just with the car like last week and realize that the camera didn't work so I took it to the shop in the city have to order a piece a module or something like
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

If the predictive lines are not on the screen, this is most likely a Radio or control unit issue and should be checked with a scanner.

Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

If it was a back up camera, the predictive lines would be there, but no image