sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I had my battery changed this morning and now when I start

Customer Question

I had my battery changed this morning and now when I start the car it won't shift from park into any of the other gears... Also strangely enough the front and rear AC blower is on and I can't turn it off.
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: I had the Infiniti dealership change it several years ago.... It was time to change again so I took it to NTB and they swapped the battery and this is what happened as a result.
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2008 Infiniti QX56
JA: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's still at NTB. I was using this forum to see if this behavior was common. To answer your question I haven't done anything. I left it at NTB for them to figure out.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No this is it
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that may be causing your problem and it is going to take some electrical testing to determine what is going on.

Since the problem happened after the battery was replaced the first thing that comes to mind is one or more blown fuses. If polarity was reversed or the battery was reconnected with the key on then fuses could have blown. The blower motor may be running constantly because the a/c control head is not functional.

Have all fuses been checked?