Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer

2006 M45 250k miles just put on a new radiator. When I come

Customer Question

2006 M45 250k miles just put on a new radiator. When I come to a stop at a red light it does not go into gear right away when gas is pressed. I don't know how much the cooler on the new radiator holds and did not add any fluid.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: Just about everything is original as far as I know. No I have not checked brake switch did not know it had one
JA: Are you fixing your M45 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes - working on it for my son. He is out now and just called with this issue so I have not tried anything yet thought the fuild might be low after putting that radiator on or filter dirty if it has one
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  john aka eautp replied 2 months ago.

It definitely sounds like its low on fluid , the cooler holds approximately half a quart. can you check your radiator fluid level and condition ?