peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I keep getting disc read error, 57899, 13, Yes nothing yet,

Customer Question

I keep getting disc read error
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 57899
JA: What is the model of your '55899 Infiniti?
Customer: 13
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes nothing yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I took it in not long ago but they said it was fine. My whole radio turns off every so often
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your cd player is built into the radio the fault here can be with an internal electrical fault in the radio itself.I have seen the radio's act up like this here before in the past needing either removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced.I suspect your radio needs removed and repaired or removed and replaced for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete