Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Need to replace bank one cam shaft sensor in g35 infiniti

Customer Question

need to replace bank one cam shaft sensor in g35 infiniti 2003
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: yes bank 1 cam shaft positioning sensor triggered by electrical tech with scanner
JA: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no not myself but a mechanic friend doing it but would like to know whats involved
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this advisory going to cost me anything?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is Jay thank you for your question

The Bank 1 Cam Sensor is the side of the engine on the passenger side. The sensor is located on the back of the cylinder head. The type of connector requires you to push the lock pin down for the connector to release. Then when plugging in the sensor, it's recommended to plug the sensor in first before installing the sensor. It's easier to get the connector to lock that way. Also it's recommended you use sensors from the dealer. After Market sensors never work properly.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do you have to take engine apart to get to it or can sensor be installed from outside engine by plugging in
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you get to sensor w/o taking engine apart.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Just the upper engine cover is removed and you can access the sensor. The engine doesn't have to be taken all apart. It's about 1/2 hour to a hour labor