peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Sludge after I had the correct number of oil changes they

Customer Question

sludge after I had the correct number of oil changes they will not honor the warranty
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: july 2016 engine broken at july 2016
JA: What is the model of your '16 Infiniti?
Customer: g37
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had it towed to infinity
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i gave them all receipts it was a cpo car with 28k at purchase they say it was sludge tested at purchase time
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did you have all of the oil changes done regularly as needed at the dealer or any dealers or were they done at an after market oil change or repair facility?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
aftermarket oil change facilities
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i think i have the wrong site could i get a refund?

O.k.,unfortunately that is the reason they are denying warranty.They usually want to see the services done at one of the dealers as then they know for sure what oil was used.It has become an issue that the after market facilities use the incorrect brand or weight oil when they do their oil changes which will cause sludge build up in some cases (poor oil quality usually) and so the manufacturer will deny warranty.It isnt the dealer themselves that deny it,it is the vehicle manufacturer that deny it.It is just a way for them to avoid paying for a warranty claim basically.

Unfortunately there isnt much you can do here except keep all receipts and speak to legal on this to see if they can help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I see your second post after I posted.Is there anything else I can help with here.Would you like the link to our legal experts?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I will post the link below.I hope this info I have posted here helps.

Thanks Pete