Stacy Farist
Stacy Farist,
Experience:  Lead Mechanic at NTB

I have excessive tire wear on the inside of my front left

Customer Question

I have excessive tire wear on the inside of my front left tire and as I'm going down the highway it it I have a wobbling noise as if there was something vibrating
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: Tires or less than 2 years old never had a problem however last time I had at the shop they diagnosed my steering box with a leak and probably need to be replaced
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2006 G35
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not sure what's wrong so I don't know if I'll try and fix it but probably not I'm just trying to diagnose it I'm on a long trip right now and I just want to make sure that I've got enough that I can get home okay with it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No that's all for now
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Stacy Farist replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for using just as far as you're inside it's where goes the alignment on the vehicle would need to be checked.negative toe or negative camber can cause Inside Edge wear. When they check the alignment who ever you decide to let check it they would also need to check for worn front end parts.
As far as the tread on your tires is there any way for you to upload a picture of the tires?
A lot of Big Chain tire shops will do a free tire Inspection. Another way to tell is if you could take a penny and put it inbetween your tread, if you can see Lincoln's head then you need tires.
As far as the noise goes it could also be the tires do you have flat spots or high and low spots in the tread?
Just checking to see if you need any further assistance. If you do just let me know. If you have no further questions and you accept my answer please accept answer and rate positive. This is how we are paid and credited for our time. After you had accepted my answer you can still ask questions. If you don't need anything further assistance have a great day.