peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Had power steering rack replaced on my 1995 Q45. Effort is

Customer Question

Had power steering rack replaced on my 1995 Q45. Effort is very high, except when travelling at high speeds. and will hardly turn when car is stationary and makes noise. If you give it gas and bring the rpms up, the effort decreases when the car is stationary. Also, when the car is cold, it starts up fine and idles at about 1100 rpm. But after it's warm, it will stall, unless you feather it. Once it's running, it will idle fine at a little less than 500 rpm. Sometimes it will catch and start, but most of the time it won't, and when it starts, the revs will drop to 250 or so, before coming back to just under 500.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The issues here may be with a vacuum leak on the engine or the throttle body needing cleaned for the engine speed/stall issue and the power steering fault can be due to an issue with the power steering pump itself as I have seen fail before needing replaced.I would have both of these checked into here to see if the fault can be located to resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete