sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Infiniti G20 security system preventing car from starting.

Customer Question

Infiniti G20 security system preventing car from starting. Could that be the reason the car wont start at all.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: The red cord was but I cleaned it.
JA: What year is your G20?
Customer: 1993
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying to fix it myself. Ive cleaned the cable and the battery to the alarm remote is brand new its only 2 weeks old and I just put a new radiatior in.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm just wondering what to do next.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Put in New radiator and car is still gets really hot and leaking from under and by water pump but not sure wat could it be leaking from
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that could cause a no start issue. It could be security related but it could also be a starter issue, the ignition switch, wiring, transmission range sensor, the starter relay, it could be as simple as a blown fuse or it could be an engine mechanical issue. If it has been allowed to overheat severely and/or consistently there could be internal engine damage.

What specifically happens when you try to start the engine?