peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

The security light is blinking and the ignition will not

Customer Question

The security light is blinking and the ignition will not turn on the car . i have the code for it but can not enter it . Please help me
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what year this model is?

Is this a security light on your radio?

Did the ignition and security fault occur at the same time?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a 1997 Acura Infiniti . The security light is coming on the left side of steering wheel . the car orthe radio will not come on . Both the ignition and the security fault did occur at the same time
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thats it just waiting for your answer

Was the vehicle starting with this same key with no issues then all of a sudden this fault occurred?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got up to take my wife to work and the security light was on the keyu would not turn the ignition

Have you made sure the battery is good and battery connections?Just to make sure it isnt a low voltage issue?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have I unhook it and let it sit for a while to see if that would work but it did not work
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Prefer I had a spare key made yesterday . I hope that not the problem

O.k.,this indicates that a security component has failed on your model here.When this occurs suddenly like this here this usually indicates this is the cause and the faulty component needs located and replaced in order to have the key then relearned by a dealer with their Consult II.

Is this issue only occuring with the spare key and was it programmed to your model?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It happen with the key for the car not the spare key . I just tried the spare key and its not working also

O.k.,this does indicate one of the security components at fault here needing replaced as something has failed and caused this fault here.

This can be the NATS immobilizer itself that is no longer recognizing the key and may need replaced.The only relearn for this is done with a dealers Consult II scan tool.You will need to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set with this issue here and then from there those codes diagnosed and repaired to locate and correct this fault.If only a relearn is needed this needs done with a dealers Consult II but I suspect a component has failed needing replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete