peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

All of a sudden, there is nothing coming out of the speakers

Customer Question

all of a sudden, there is nothing coming out of the speakers in my 2014 Infinity q 50. I went to volume settings and found that the volume is all the way to the left. when i tap the + to increase the volume, nothing happens
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the volume does not increase on your display when increasing it manually on the radio this can indicate a fault with the radio itself.I have seen internal software issues cause this here as well as the radio itself needing repaired or replaced.If it does increase and all functions work on the radio properly the most common cause I have seen is a fault with the sound amplifier itself needing replaced.

This will have to be tested further to pinpoint which component for sure is at fault here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for the response, Pete. Before I followed your suggestions, my husband decided to try disconnecting the battery cables to see if that would reset the settings. It worked like a charm and saved me a lot of money.

Your welcome

That is great to hear.If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete