peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

I have an 1994 J30T Infinity 4 door. We had lost the only

Customer Question

Hello. I have an 1994 J30T Infinity 4 door. We had lost the only key to it and had two more keys made at the Infinity of Naperville, IL recently. We just came out of a restaurant and went to unlock the driver side door and the alarm went off. after 10 minutes or so, the alarm stopped, but the car would not start. We waited 15 minutes or so and the car still wouldn't start. Please help.
Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with the electronic control button or the key and see if this disables the alarm and corrects this here.In some cases the door latch/lock will not send the correct signal intermittently and will cause this issue here and may need replaced.This would have to be checked into/tested further to pinpoint if the latch is at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete