sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have 2008 G35X i came home tried to start it and it didnt.

Customer Question

i have 2008 G35X
i came home tried to start it and it didnt. my brother told me that he can help me to jump start it. so he did. but he did it wrong way and there was a spark on terminals. after that he quickly removed the jumper cable. as a result car will not even light up the dash board even if i put new battery.
only thing it is showing my on the dash is RED KEY sign.yellow key sign. break lights are working when i try to push button start the car.
i did my reaseach and i thought maybe Fuse blown or the relay. but i dont know which one.
is there anyone who could help me to locate main fuse or Powertrain module fuse or something like that. i checked all three fuse boxes -2 under the hood 1 next to parking brake.
thank you very much.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

It's very possible that fuses simply blew but reversing polarity will instantly damage any electrical component. You may have multiple components and modules that have failed as a result of this.

The first thing that should be done is check all fuses, not just select ones.

If you find any fuses blown replace them, see if it will then start. If not or if you have other problems when the engine is started then go back and see if any fuses blew again. If fuses continually blow then modules or components on that circuit have failed and deeper testing will need to be done.

If no fuses are blown then some in depth testing is going to need to be done utilizing a digital voltmeter and scan tool.