peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2004 Infiniti fx35 rear hood hatch back doesn't open.

Customer Question

2004 Infiniti fx35 rear hood hatch back doesn't open. Already tried replacing rear hood latch , but still not working.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check for any broken or damaged wiring leading to the latch itself or the actuator and into the door assembly in the rear.I have seen broken or corroded wiring in the past before cause this issue here needing repaired or replaced.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I check the wires to the actuator, and everything looks good
Anything else that I can do?

Do you hear a clicking noise when using the interior button to lock and unlock or the remote? at the rear door

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No clicking sound

O.k.,after looking into this a little further with no broken wires this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the BCM (body control module).This control module monitors and controls the locks including the rear hatch lock assembly.I have seen one or more circuits in the BCM fail like this before in the past needing replaced to correct this type of fault here and suspect yours has failed in this area needing replaced.

The cost for replacement can vary anywhere from $300 to $500 in some cases.

Thanks Pete