peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

My door locks, windows, and random interior lights stopped

Customer Question

My door locks, windows, and random interior lights stopped working
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: 2012 infiniti g37xs, yes I've checked the owners manual
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the fuse it's good, disconnected the battery terminal for 10 minutes... I'd like to fix it myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: At first the car wouldn't start... took about 10 minutes then finally started... been starting ever since, but now I still have this problem
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your models BCM (body control module ecu) controls these components and is a known fault in some cases that when it fails it can affect the electronics like this here.If you have checked and made sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels I suspect the issue is a fault with the BCM internally with it needing replaced to correct this fault.I have run across this before and the BCM had to be replaced.I would have this checked into/tested further having fault codes checked and proper electrical testing to be sure and the BCM replaced as needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete