Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

When putting the retractable roof back in place on my 2009

Customer Question

When putting the retractable roof back in place on my 2009 G37 convertible, the roof failed to lock in the left driver's side, causing the entire mechanism to jam when the right passenger side locked in place, There is a gap an the roof is offset by about 1" and is completely jammed. Took it to a dealership to take a look at it - (ironically, it jammed within 24 hours of purchasing it - yikes) Bought it used. How bad is this problem and can it be fixed without great expense?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Do you recall anything in the trunk?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
For sure nothing in the trunk
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

The only way to operate the top when it's jammed up like this is with a scanner. So only the dealer can really do this. Here is a Video I made where I operated the top manually which is what will need to be done with yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UgQfqoM8rE