peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

My infinitI M45 won't start, the original problem was with

Customer Question

My infinitI M45 won't start, the original problem was with the battery of the key fob no unlocking the doors, so I changed the key fob battery, after several attempts the car finally started. The car began jerking and all the lights on the dash came on. I made it home cut the car off and tried to crank the car back up and the car would not start. Car was main clicking noises when in on position but would not crank. The battery is brand new, the alternator was recently replaced but car will still not start.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: All the lights in the car are coming on
JA: What year is your M45?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes hoping to fix this myself. I have just tried replacing the battery in fob
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The car doors are not unlocking with the fob. Nothing on the fob is working at all
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Even though the battery is o.k. this sounds like it may be an electrical fault with a loss of power or ground.Check and follow the battery cables to where they run and connect to and see if any cables or connections are found to be damaged or corroded needing replaced or repaired.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete