Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech

Have 2003 G35 Coupe with appx 115K (bought new in 2003).

Customer Question

Have 2003 G35 Coupe with appx 115K (bought new in 2003). Would not start. Called AAA, they checked charging system (checked good) and replaced battery and negative cable (very long story shortened). Car started. Later SAME day car would not start! About once a week car won't start unless JUMPED, car-to-car (car-jumper equipment WON'T start...tried mine & AAA's and BOTH won't start...ONLY jumping car-to-car will start car!?). Starter replaced 2 years ago. What is part called (and do) that's connected to POSATIVE battery cable, just off battery? Think may have something to do with this?? Thank you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the car will not start with out a jumper then I would start first with checking the battery again to make sure its holds a load as well as the alternator output to be sure its charging at 14 volts with the engine running. If both check okay the I would have the engine grounds checked. I have enclosed a list of all the grounds to check in the link below. Check to see if all are clean and tight.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Ron,
AAA, who put the new battery in about 3-4 weeks ago, has come back to jump-start me at LEAST 3 times. They have checked the battery AND charging system each time and say they are both working properly. I have also replaced the negative cable and both ends of each cable (pos & neg) on the battery cables. Problem still persist. One of the AAA repairmen said it may have to do with the K12 Battery Terminal. I have disconnected and cleaned both contact ends at the battery. Question...what does the K12 Battery Terminal do? It appears to have fuses, but they do NOT appear blown (and if they were I would assume even a jump-start would not work)?? Look forward to hearing back. Thank you. Jay
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

If the only way to get it started is to have to jump start it that sure would indicate the battery is not hold power . The problem is the AAA guys are not trained mechanic so I suspect there only speculating and do not know for sure why the battery is dying. I suspect you have the charging system professionally checked as well as checking the system to see you have a battery draw. Im not sure what your referring to with a K 12 terminal