Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Jay- I have a 2004 G35 coupe. Recently my car has shut off

Customer Question

Hi Jay- I have a 2004 G35 coupe. Recently my car has shut off while I was driving (but stopped in traffic). This happened to me a few years ago and I'm having a hard time remembering what was replaced, but I don't know that the issue ever fully went away. Cam sensor and throttle body maybe? Anyway now that this has happened again, my car is idling very low like 200 RPMs. I've put in a bottle of fuel injector fluid and am thinking about cleaning the throttle body myself- is this easy and possible to do? Would this help the car get back to normal? Seems to be working ok other than the low idle and sometimes it seems to have a hard time accelerating especially from 1000 to 2000 rpm
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

sounds like your mass airflow sensor is bad