Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech
7276279

I have a 2007 Infiniti FX45. My Infiniti has been having

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2007 Infiniti FX45. My Infiniti has been having weird behavior. Some times, when I am driving, my VDC Slip, Brake, Slip, and ABS lights illuminate and I cannot accelerate past 1000 rpm. I took it into an infiniti dealer and it wasn't throwing any codes and since the issue was no longer happening, then they could not diagnose the issue.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: The ABS, Brake, VDC Off, and Slip lights are all coming on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I am hoping to fix the issue myself. I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor already, I found that this may have been the issue and it wasn't
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I think that is all.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The ABS as well as the VDC light come on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the system will set and store a fault code and or codes. It would be impossible for the system to not set any fault codes. If you can get the scan done when these light are on and retrieve the fault codes I will help you get this resolved . Post back with them and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Ron,The lights don't always come on regularly. It happens about once every 2 months or so and after a few minutes stops happening. However, I want to get this resolved before the next occurrence, because I lose acceleration completely and it is very unsafe for this to happen on the highway.Thanks,
Doug
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Doug, if the light have been on there should be some stored fault codes, can you get ti scanned and let see what setting, that would be very useful in determining the cause.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hey Ron,I have a AutoLink AL319 and I just connected that to see if there were any codes and it did not pick up any codes. Should the AutoLink be able to pick up fault codes?Thanks,
Doug
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Well with out any fault codes I am not sure how to advise you. I can open the post back up for you if you would like and perhaps someone else may have something to add.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That would be great Ron, thank you.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

doing so now. Good luck